Thursday, March 3, 2011

When Emotions Rush In

Yesterday was a sad somber day filled with raw emotions for me.  Although my husband is home and safe, the events in Germany brought forth overwhelming emotions.  We have friends stationed at Lakenheath, we have friends deployed and we have had our fair share of deployments.  We have been blessed by Heavenly Father not to have experienced what happened today.

I couldn't help but look at my husband and think "I am one of the lucky ones"!  We have gone through deployements and seperations safely!  There are times I am so frustrated with him I can't see or think straight, but in the end I am glad he is home safe and we are staring retirement in the eye!  We will not have another deployment, we will not endure not seeing each other for months at a time, I will not lay awake at night wondering where he is and if he is safe and I won't jump and run to window every time I hear an unexpected vehicle in the driveway. 

Today I shall seek Heavenly Father and implore angels to surround those who lost a loved one yesterday.  I pray for the safety of all our troops and for their families and friends.  I pray for guidance for our govermental leaders and the choices they make.  I pray for the Security Force family worldwide to have strength and calmed hearts as they continue to defend our nation and endure seperations from their families.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment